Subscribe

Friday 24 October 2014

Russian Join

Hmmm.... I just realised I'm posting a lot of crochet posts at the moment but I am in love with this top.

I have tried something new for me when I've been joining in the new balls of yarns. I wanted to try a Russian Join which is an easy way to sew in the ends so that they don't come out without me having to remember to sew them in. I also am trying to avoid knotting the thread on a top where I want to wear it. But I want the join to be strong and not come apart for the same reason.

 

It is interesting how you have to split the thread and create a loop then thread the other side through the loop and tighten it.


Here it is ready to stitch in. The only issue I have with it is it does create a thicker section of yarn because for about 2-4 inches you have double the yarn.


Of course if you didn't know there was a join in the picture above and were actually looking for the thicker stitches you wouldn't know they were there.


Now for the moment I'm keeping the thread ends there but I can just cut them off when I'm finished which makes me feel good. I am waiting until I finish to cut everything in case I have to undo anything for sizing.

Has anyone else tried a Russian Join? What do you use to join in a new ball of wool?

Happy stitching,
Caitlin


3 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nq_7EXTWHE
    Try this Caitlin. It really works.

    Linda

    Let me know if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Russian join method....but I am just a beginner with crochet! Thanks for sharing, will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing dear x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...